Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Don't live in a vacuum

I read this little piece of advice on the AnimSchoolBlog and sadly I can relate! I used to do this a while ago, but I found out there was more knowledge outside of the bubble. It's nice to be reminded of making a choice for the better.

Aaron Gilman:
Don't be a Bubble Boy! Some animators work in a vacuum. They don't interact with other animators, they don't share their work, they don't ask for critique, and they don't show their stuff very often. You can be a very talented Bubble Boy animator and make a great career for yourself. But I believe all animators are constantly growing and no one should ever plateau. The Bubble Boy tends to hit a ceiling with the quality of their work. They don't grow as fast as those animators who seek critique, whether it be from their peers, or regularly from their supervisors.


Taken from: http://www.animschoolblog.com/2012/05/animschool-interview-animator-aaron.html

No comments:

Post a Comment