Sunday, February 22, 2015

Oscar nominated animated short: Feast

Feast

Synopsis (from Feast IMDb page):
The story of one man's love life is seen through the eyes of his best friend and dog, Winston, and revealed bite by bite through the meals they share.


Credits:
Robert Kondo
Dice Tsutsumi
(A bunch more people helped produce it, but the above two are the ones nominated for an oscar.)


Trailer:


Artwork:





My personal opinion (no spoilers):
Feast is a very enjoyable film, definitely one I can recommend to any audience! We get to follow a pet as he is adopted by his new owner, and we follow him as he is fed all kinds of things. From what I saw in the trailer I thought there wasn't very much story, and I was right about that, but it's enough to make us feel for the dog and the other characters.

The animation is absolutely gorgeous, I watched it again just to fully observe the animations. The lineless style is amazing too. The music matches the short very well and is very lovely.

I have nothing more to say about this! It's lovely, but maybe a bit simple.

If you've been following the oscar nominated animated shorts for some time as I have, you'll know that having a Disney nominee is almost a given. (And having that Disney nominee win while it is not the best of the lot, is a possibility.) So as for the chances this short film makes in winning the oscar, aside from the above mentioned chance it'll win merely because it came from Disney, I don't think it should win. There are at least 2 that I hold in higher esteem because they give us the chance to experience deeper emotions, which Feast doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment